Yoga is an obvious step for cancer patients and survivors coping with difficult treatments and ongoing side effects. In fact, doctors, the American Cancer Society and trusted healthcare professions are now recommending yoga for those in recovery and beyond. Cancer patients and survivors are hearing about the many benefits and are coming to yoga classes with high expectations about the healing potential of yoga. Their needs are different and they come with a desire to know how and why yoga will help them be healthy and stay cancer free. But not all yoga is the same. So what kind of yoga? The fact based yoga4cancer Teacher Training programs provide answers, practical skills, knowledge all based on research, to adapt any yoga professional or lineage maximizing the benefits for all cancer survivors.
yoga4cancer Training Curriculum
The yoga4cancer Certificate Program is offered in three formats: Online + Weekend Program; Intensive Program; Online Only Program. Each is based on the same methodology and will enable professionals to safely and effectively support cancer patients and survivors worldwide. The training content includes:
- The physics and physiology of yoga
- Facts and research about cancer and cancer treatments
- Short and long term side-effects and how yoga can mitigate or reduce them
- Appropriate and inappropriate poses
- Methods and practice exploring how to talk about ‘cancer’ and be authentically supportive to survivors
- Guidance on how to create an effective and safe class or practice
- Supervised practice teaching
The yoga4cancer Online+Weekend and Intensive Certificate Programs have been approved by the International Association of Yoga Therapists for CEUs (23-38 hours).
Tuition starts from $895.
Tuition for the 45-hour Certificate programs range from $795 to $995, depending on training location and dates.